We’ve chosen role-playing games to be our second target for a Player Rewards test program, partly for strategic reasons, and partly because we think the achievements are going to be a lot of fun for people to chase. Are you pretty good at rolling those nat-20’s? You can earn store credit by doing it! Introducing our RPG Player Rewards program.
Here’s how the program will work: You come to the store to play RPGs – maybe Wednesdays for D&D Encounters, or the Living Forgotten Realms games on Sundays, or get involved in a Pathfinder game. We’re also looking at other future options. You’ll get reward points just for showing up, and even more if you’re the DM. You save those points up, and turn them in for store credit. So basically, show up = FREE STUFF!
Of course, there will be a lot of ways you can accumulate points faster. When you run a game for us, we want to reward you for the preparation work that you put in, and what you sacrifice by not actually being able to play in the game. So you’ll get more points that way. You’ll get reward points for bringing along a new player. You’ll get reward points for using books in your game that you bought at our store, and there will be all kinds of rotating bonuses for buying books, dice, maps, or miniatures. Then there will be random achievements each week, like rolling those natural 20’s on a skill check, or rolling maximum damage on a spell. Random stuff each week that you can earn even more reward points with.
Save those points up, and cash them in for FREE STORE CREDIT, to buy whatever you want with. We’ll keep a running total for you at the store of how many points you have, and also post them on the website each week if you want to keep track of them there.
Sound good? We’re going to start rewarding points this week, and you can ask questions and learn more about the program on any official RPG night.
Here’s some of the fine print. You can earn reward points ONLY when you come in to play on RPG nights, including on purchases. Also, reward points cannot be combined with other store coupons or offers. Below is the very basic points system we are starting with this week, this will probably rotate and evolve over time.
You may cash out when you hit either of the following thresholds:
15 reward points = $10 store credit
25 rewards points = $20 store credit
- Attend and play in a standard RPG game, organized by Clem’s = 2 reward points (if there is NO game due to low turnout, those who showed up will still get their 2 points). These are ONLY games that Clem’s has organized and announced as “reward points eligible” – private games will not count.
- Attend and RUN an event (GM or DM), organized by Clem’s = 5 reward points.
- Bring a new player to an RPG event at Clem’s = 5 reward points. A new player is one who has NEVER participated in a Clem’s RPG event before.
- Purchase 2 RPG books, valued at $20 or more each, during an RPG event = 7 reward points.
- Build and use a character from an RPG book purchased at Clem’s = 2 reward points. (may use a maximum of twice per book)
- Spend at least $10 on dice = 3 points.
There will be rotating “achievements” each week that you can perform to earn extra reward points, you can check our RPG page on our website regularly to see what achievements are currently in place. Here are some examples:
- Roll a natural 20 during an attack, save, skill, or spellcast.
- Roll maximum damage with an attack or spell.
- Be the person in your party to deliver the finishing blow to an attacking character.
- Other rotating achievements that are customized to the game you are playing!
Plenty more coming, and we are open to other ideas for achievements. See you this Wednesday for D&D Encounters!